Taper Madness Forum Index Taper Madness
Embrace the Madness! Marathon Training...and much more!!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gaza Marathon to be held on 10 April 2013

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bloomer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Gaza Marathon to be held on 10 April 2013 Reply with quote

letter from the organizers:

Dear runners,

The people in Gaza have had to go through yet another shaking military escalation but rebuilding is moving on and UNRWA staff along with communities are working hard to help children and families.

I have good news to those of who have been asking about the marathon: the event is still going on, and will be held on 10 April 2013, so please book the date. Through this event, you will get to fundraise for Summer Fun Weeks – recreation, games and fun for children of Gaza – something they need now more than ever. Your contribution is needed! Due to the escalation, registration is opening only on 13 December and we will send you another email to that effect on the day. You will then be able to access more information also on traveling to Gaza. Apologies for those who have been waiting.

Please contact us with any questions you might have, I hope I will be able to see as many of you as possible in April! If you do not wish to receive emails regarding the Gaza Marathon, please reply to this message and we will remove you from the list.

Very best,

Gaza Marathon Team
marathon team | gaza
+972 599 891 464 | +972 8 288 7950 | GazaMarathon@unrwa.org

unrwa.org | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter
Tom L

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new rockets being used by the Palestinian terrorists to kill Jews are certainly an escalation and a costly one at that.
Bloomer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess whom one chooses to label "terrorists" would depend a lot on whether one identified with Zionist or with Palestinian claims on territory, water rights, access to employment, farming, self-determination, etc., Tom.
Doctor F

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, given the language of the letter, it might depend upon one's definition of a "military escalation." Would that be the approximately 8,000 rockets fired upon Israel over the last 3 years when there was a "ceasefire" or the recent response by Israel in an attempt to stop the firing of said rockets?
Jimmy Jam

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would PR at this marathon.

No...make that positive I would PR.
Tom L

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloomer wrote:
I guess whom one chooses to label "terrorists" would depend a lot on whether one identified with Zionist or with Palestinian claims on territory, water rights, access to employment, farming, self-determination, etc., Tom.

No, whether one is a terrorist depends solely upon methods used. Terrorist methods incude not wearing uniforms, hiding behind their own civilians and deliberately targeting enemy civilians to cause fear or just because they like to kill unarmed people. This describes the method of Hamas, the PLO and other entities.

By contrast, an organization is not a terrorist organization if its personnel wear uniforms, follow the generally recognized laws of war and do their best to target enemy military personnel and targets. This describes the Israeli military. Like all humans beings, the Israelis certainly err and this does mean that they sometimes kill enemy civilians. There is a signifcant moral difference, however, between intentionally targeting civilians and inadvertently killing them during legitimate miltary operations.

Just curious: why is Hamas still firing rockets from Gaza into Israel when the Israelis left a few years ago, taking everything, including their dead with them?
no twitch muscles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, good. Politics! I've missed it since November.
GBN

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taper Madness Forum Index -> Motivation All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: