Taper Madness Forum Index Taper Madness
Embrace the Madness! Marathon Training...and much more!!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin confusoin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlewally and farnk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Garmin confusoin Reply with quote

In the old days it was easy to see which Gamin was which. Just look at the model numbers; small ones were older, larger were the newest models.

How do I figure out what replaces my old 305?

technology is soooooooooo confusing!! 210 or 910xt or 10 or 610 ??
MeepMeep

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't comment on all the Garmins but I am really happy with my 610. The only drawback is the 8 hour battery life. I am a data nerd and hooked my old FR60 foot pod up to it as well which provides cadence info and takes over measuring distance when GPS signal is lost (which mine hardly ever does...in a tunnel...maybe).

I found the reviews on the following site a big help when I made the final decision: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-reviews/garmin
kent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my 910. Really surprised at how improved the GPS function is over my old (very old) 205. If I'm outside it will pick up the satelites in a matter of seconds. It also can hold the signal in many buildings. I once wore my 910 when I walked to the local drug store. When I pulled up my route on google maps (where you can see the outlines of buildings) you could see which parts of the stores I went too. Useful? Hell no but very impressive! Also the 910 does a great job on hills with an automatic adjusting barometric altimeter. The downsides? It is big (but a little smaller than the 305), and expensive. I think the technology in every model has improved so much it's really just a question of which features are important to you and which form factor you prefer.

Running slow40 Hazelnut Butter Rutabagas Bulgur - the new tofu brussels sprouts ART Neti Pot 16 cool.
"I was a good kid, but it just seemed that most of the things I did were either stupid or illegal, go figure." - Evil Don
JimK

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming soon, but not documented: Watch transmits your location to UAVs in the area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taper Madness Forum Index -> Motivation All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: